Consultant upper gastrointestinal, general and emergency surgeon
Husam Ebied has been a consultant surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2017.
He studied medicine in Cairo, then completed his advanced surgical training in upper gastrointestinal medicine and biliary disease in the UK.
He is the undergraduate teaching lead for the surgical department in St Thomas' Hospital.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh) with honours, Ain Shams University Medical School, Cairo, 1999
Husam has had multiple peer reviewed publications and national and international presentations. His research has a special focus on biliary diseases and abdominal wall hernias.
Phone: 020 7188 8875
Email: [email protected]
- Begnin biliary disease
- Acute biliary pancreatic diseases
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Complex groin and abdominal wall hernias
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Training and education
Last updated: February 2023