Consultant oesophagogastric and general surgeon
James Gossage is a consultant surgeon in a busy tertiary referral unit for both benign and malignant oesophagogastric conditions.
The unit performs a large volume of major cancer resections each year along with complex oesophageal reconstructions. They receive both national and international referrals to the unit and support one of the largest intensive care units in the country.
James's main area of interests are in developing novel techniques to improve the staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer.
He is also a research affiliate to the Karolinska Institute in Sweden and is a member of the steering group for the OCCAMS collaboration, carrying out research to improve patient survival.
- Royal College of Surgeons Surgical Research Fellowship
- Royal College of Surgeons Hunterian Professorship
- Royal College of Surgeons HJ Windsor Prize
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons Travelling Scholarship
- HCA Foundation Fellowship Award.
Secretary: Carvelle Miller
Phone: 020 7188 4195
Email: [email protected]
- Oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Hiatus hernia repair
- Gall bladder surgery
Last updated: January 2023