Professor of obstetrics and gynaecology
Janice Rymer is a consultant gynaecologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. She is also:
- vice president for education of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- dean for student affairs and professor of obstetrics and gynaecology at King's College London
From 2010 to 2013 she was dean of undergraduate medicine. She was a council member of the British Menopause Society from 1997 to 2002 and 2009 to 2015.
Janice is a General Medical Council assessor for medical schools.
She is a media spokesperson for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Fellowship of higher education (FHEA)
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Medicine and surgery (MBChB), University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Ovarian failure
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Medical education
- Best foundation supervisor award, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, 2019
- Teacher of the year award, King's College London, 2007
Janice has written over 130 peer-reviewed papers and 14 textbooks.
Email: [email protected]
- Ovarian failure and hormone replacement therapy
- Minimal access surgery
- General gynaecology
- Female genital mutilation
- Gynaecology teaching associates
Last updated: December 2022