Katherine Brand was appointed as a consultant anaesthetist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2010, following a fellowship at British Columbia Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada.
She practises anaesthesia throughout the trust with a specialist interest in paediatric anaesthesia at Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
She is involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and also has an active role in clinical governance to aid the safe, effective deliverance of paediatric anaesthesia.
Education and training
- 2009 – 2010: Post CCT Fellowship in Paediatric Anaesthesia, Vancouver
- 2009 – Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
- 2005 – Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA)
- 2000 - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- 1997 - Bachelor of Science (BSc) Pharmacology
Research and development of anaesthesia, especially that for paediatric and airway.
Secretary: Barbara Bolton
Secretary phone: 020 7188 0645
- Children's anaesthesia
Last updated: February 2023