Consultant clinical oncologist
Lucy Brazil trained in oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals.
She has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospitals since 2005.
Education and training
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) - 2007
- Member of the NCI National Cancer Institute Brain Tumour Clinical Studies Group
- Member of EORTC European Organisation of Research and Treatment of Cancer Brain Tumour Group
- Chief investigator for the CODEL brain tumour study using chemotherapy and radiotherapy for grade 3 gliomas
- Chairman of the brain-tumour palliative care sub-group
- Neuro-oncology research lead at Guy's and St Thomas'
- Systemic chemotherapy neuro-oncolgy lead Guy's and St Thomas'.
- Neuro-oncology particularly high grade glioblastoma multiforme and low grade glioma including oligodendroglioma, as well as spinal tumours
- Breast cancer including management of brain metastases
- Radiotherapy both standard conformal, and stereotactic techniques and including Cyberknife and Rapid-Arc and IMRT
- Chemotherapy and endocrine treatments
Last updated: February 2023