Consultant clinical oncologist
Lucy Brazil trained in oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals. She was awarded an MD in 2007 for research into breast cancer genetics at the Institute of Cancer Research and Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
She has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospitals since 2005.
- member of the NCI National Cancer Institute Brain Tumour Clinical Studies Group
- member of EORTC European Organisation of Research and Treatment of Cancer Brain Tumour Group
- chief investigator for the CODEL brain tumour study using chemotherapy and radiotherapy for grade 3 gliomas
- chairman of the brain-tumour palliative care sub-group
- neuro-oncology research lead at Guy's and St Thomas'
- systemic chemotherapy neuro-oncolgy lead Guy's and St Thomas'.
- Neuro-oncology particularly high grade glioblastoma multiforme and low grade glioma including oligodendroglioma, as well as spinal tumours
- Breast cancer including management of brain metastases
- Radiotherapy both standard conformal, and stereotactic techniques and including Cyberknife and Rapid-Arc and IMRT
- Chemotherapy and endocrine treatments
Last updated: October 2021