Consultant histopathologist and cytopathologist
Mary Varia is based at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. She has been a consultant histopathologist and cytopathologist since 2015.
Education and training
- South east London and Kent histopathology training scheme
- Medicine, King's College London, 2006
- High-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary with a yolk sac tumour component in a postmenopausal woman: report of an extremely rare phenomenon. M. Varia, WG, McCluggage and R.Oommen. Journal of Clinical Pathology. April 11, 2012.
- Response to Pothier et al. and Lowe on 'The NPTA may have underestimated tonsillectomy complications: a case note review of data submitted by two hospitals'. R. McLaren, N. Gibbins and M. Varia. Clinical Otolaryngology. Vol 34 (2), 2009.
Email: [email protected]
- Urological histopathology
- Non-gynaecological cytopathology
Last updated: September 2022