Clinical oncology consultant
Omar Al-Salihi joined Guy's and St Thomas' in March 2018, having previously been a consultant at University Hospital Southampton for 10 years, specialising primarily in radiotherapy for paediatric and TYA patients with cancer, in addition to treating adult brain tumours.
One of his priorities was enabling access for adult and paediatric patient to trials. He was principal investigator to several studies including CATNON, HCQ, ROAM, PARADIGM, IMRiS and IMA950 (a first in man phase 1 trial of a peptide vaccine in glioblastoma patients).
At Guy’s Cancer Centre and King’s College Hospital (KCH), he works as part of a highly dedicated team of professionals delivering world class oncology care for patients with malignant and benign brain tumours.
Education and training
- BSc Neuroscience 1994- UMDS (Guy’s and St. Thomas’)
- MBBS 1997- UMDS (Guy’s and St. Thomas’)
- MRCP UK-2000
- FRCR -2004
- re-irradiation in glioblastoma (PI for Brioche trial)
- ongoing analysis of outcome data for patients in our SRS service receiving treatment for brain metastases
- analysis of radio-necrosis in patients with meningiomas receiving SRS
- the application of MRI tractography in the treatment of patients with brain metastases
Royal College of Radiologists Cyclotron Trust Visiting Fellowship, awarded in 2014.
PA Carol Thompson
Email: [email protected]
- the treatment of low and high grade primary brain tumours, including re-irradiation for glioblastoma, in collaboration with neuro-oncology surgery service at KCH
- the treatment of skull base tumours in collaboration with skull base surgery service at KCH
- the treatment of pituitary tumours in collaboration with Combined Pituitary Clinic at KCH
- delivery of stereotactic radiotherapy (SRS) for patients with brain metastases and benign tumours as part of a highly specialised SRS Multi-Disciplinary Team
- provision of trials within neuro oncology service as part of a highly dedicated team
- referral of patients for proton beam therapy
- teaching and training for junior members of oncology team, including teaching on RCR MSc course
- teaching and training of undergraduate medical students at KCL
- past Honorary Secretary of British Neuro-Oncology Society, 2019-‘21
Last updated: May 2022