Osama Naji is a consultant gynaecologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. He uses ultrasound, hysteroscopy, and colposcopy for the early detection of gynaecological pre-cancerous conditions with the goal of reducing the need for major surgery.
He is an international expert in advanced gynaecological scanning and contributes significantly to scientific research in gynaecological health.
He is a faculty member and speaker for a number of societies and conferences, both in the UK and the Middle East.
Education and training
- UK colposcopy accreditation, 2022
- Certificate of completion of training (CCT), General Medical Council, 2020
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy accreditation, Royal College of Gynaecologists, 2019
- Level 3 expert in trans-vaginal ultrasound, Royal College of Gynaecologists, 2018
- Membership of the Royal College of Gynaecologists, 2015
- Research MD, Imperial College London, 2013
- Medicine and surgery (MBChB) Baghdad, Iraq, 2004
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Office gynaecology
- Artificial intelligence in ovarian scanning
- Mary Seacole Leadership Award, 2019
Osama is an accomplished researcher and has written several publications.
Last updated: January 2023