Consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon
Pari-Naz Mohanna is a consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital.
She has a passion for training and has established a microsurgical simulation programme which has been adopted by plastic surgery units across the UK.
Pari-Naz is a trainer on a number of courses locally, nationally and internationally including the simulation lead at the SaIL Centre at St Thomas' Hospital, aesthetic and reconstructive surgical skills cadaver course tutor at Bristol University, and programme director and tutor for the GP minor surgery training course at London Bridge Hospital.
As a patron of the charity, Network of Iranians for Knowledge and Innovation, she annually visits hospitals in Iran to train medical students and doctors, through live surgery, training workshops, lectures and seminars.
Education and training
- Intercollegiate Speciality Examination in Plastic Surgery, 2006
- Doctorate of Medicine University of London, The Bioengineering of Nerve Conduits, 2004
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1998
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS (Hons)) University of London, United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, 1994
- Bachelor of Science (BSc (Hons)) in Clinical Pharmacology, University of London. United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, 1991
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) Annual Scientific Surgery Prize, 2004
- Arris and Gale Lectureship, 2003
- British Association of Paediatrics Surgeons (BAPS) Travelling Bursary for presentations at overseas meetings, 2003
- Journal of hand surgery prize for best paper, 2002
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS) Award for best scientific paper, 2002
- The Wellcome Trust Travel Award, 2002 and 2001
- British Association of Surgicial Oncology (BASO) Annual Scientific Prize for best free paper presentation, 2001
- The Royal College of Surgeons Travelling Award, 2001
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England Research Fellowship, 2000
- The Royal Free Hospital Special Trustees Research Fellowship, 2000
Secretary: Batool Mukhtar
Phone: 0207 188 7188 (ext 58593)
Email: [email protected]
- Breast reconstruction following lumpectomies and mastectomies
- Breast reconstruction for congenital breast asymmetry
- General breast surgery including breast reductions and gynaecomastia surgery
- Reconstruction following removal of gynaecological, colorectal and urological cancers
- Lower limb reconstruction following trauma
- Abdominal wall reconstruction for complex hernias
- Sternal reconstruction following cardiac surgery
- Management of complex wounds
Last updated: October 2023