Consultant gastroenterologist reader in gastroenterology
Peter Irving is the lead for research in gastroenterology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
Masters (MA), Cambridge University
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of London
Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of London
Gastroenterology training in London and Melbourne
He has led a wide variety of clinical trials in IBD and leads a research programme developing new treatments for IBD.
- Dartmouth College Visiting Professor, 2023
- Cleveland Clinic Global IBD Visiting Professor, 2022
- MRC Clinical Academic research Partnership Award, 2019-2023
- Honorary Member Israeli IBD Society, 2019
- Honorary member South African Society of Gastroenterology, 2014
- Harvey Minasian Prize in General Surgery (prox acc), 1995
- Distinction in Surgery, 1995
You can find Peter's publications here.
Email: [email protected]
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
Last updated: February 2023