Consultant gynaecological oncologist
Rahul Nath is clinical lead for gynaecological oncology and south east London accountable cancer network lead for gynaecological oncology.
He graduated in medicine from the University of Wales, and progressed his training in obstetrics and gynaecology in the West Midlands and in London.
Rahul developed an interest in cancer early in his career. He completed a research project studying the immunology of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection of the cervix in normal women, those with abnormal cervical smears and with systemic lupus erythematosus at King’s College, London resulting in a MD degree.
Rahul trained as a specialist in gynaecological oncology and was appointed as a consultant gynaecological oncologist in 2006. He was lead clinician for gynaecology (2012–2014), clinical director for women’s services and joint clinical academic group lead for King’s Health Partners (2014-2017). He maintains a busy clinical practice.
Education and training
FRCOG, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2015
- MD thesis, University of London, 2006
- CCT Dual accreditation, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gynaecological Oncology, 2006
- MRCOG, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2002
- MB BCh, University of Wales College of Medicine, 1992
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacology, University of Wales, 1991
- Human papillomavirus
- Preinvasive disease of the cervix and vulva
- Clinical management of ovarian and endometrial cancer
Management of vulval disease
- CARE award for clinical care, Guy’s and St Thomas Trust, 2011
- Best oral presentation, O&G trainees scientific presentations, 2002
- Best poster presentation, international Papillomavirus meeting, North Carolina, 1999
- Best poster presentation, Combined British and Dutch Gynaecological Cancer Meeting, Amsterdam, 2000
Tel: 020 7188 2695
Areas of expertise: screening for gynaecological malignancy and preinvasive disease cervix and vulva, management of ovarian, endometrial, cervical and vulval cancer
- Management of preinvasive disease of the cervix and vulva
- Cancer diagnosis
- Surgical management of ovarian, endometrial, cervical and vulval cancer
Last updated: April 2022