Consultant physician and geriatrician
Shahbaz Roshan-Zamir has been a consultant physician and geriatrician in the ageing and health service at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2017.
Shahbaz has helped develop the cardiology for older persons service (COPS) at Guy's and St Thomas'.
- manages the frailty service
- provides care for inpatients
- runs weekly outpatient clinics for heart failure, COPS and comprehensive geriatric assessments
He is an active senior committee member and treasurer of the cardiovascular section of the British Geriatrics Society. He organises and chairs national meetings related to cardiovascular diseases in the older population.
Education and training
- Echocardiography accreditation, the British Society of Echocardiography, 2001
- Medicine and surgery, King's College London, 2006
- Cardiovascular disease in older patients
- General and short-term care of older people
- Comprehensive assessment of older people
- Cardiovascular diseases and heart failure in older people
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
Last updated: December 2022