Consultant interventional radiologist
Shahzad Ilyas has been a consultant in interventional radiology at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2015.
He has been trained to undertake complex vascular, urological and oncological interventions.
He has been leading the development of the service at Guy's and St Thomas' with the introduction of new ablation techniques.
He was also instrumental in leading his department to become the first centre to gain the International Accreditation System for Interventional Oncology Services (IASIOS) globally.
Education and training
- Certificate of completion training (CCT) in radiology (with subspecialty accreditation in interventional radiology), 2014
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR), 2012
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS), 2005
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), 2002
- Health management and economics Bachelor of Science (BSc) (Hons), Imperial College School of Management, 1999
- Certificate of commendation at RCR audit meeting for HCC treatment audit, 2012
- Cambridge University Hospitals audit award for EVAR plain film follow up, 2012
- Medtronic University for advanced EVAR/TEVAR training, 2012
- Cambridge University Hospitals audit award for vertebral fracture, 2009
- The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery clinical audit and effectiveness prize, 2006
- Alchemy Foundation elective award, 2001
- Tallow Chandlers Scholarship for BSc, 1999
Shahzad has written several peer-reviewed publications and book chapters.
He co-authored the first quality assurance and standards of practice document for interventional oncology. This was adapted by the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe into an international accreditation system.
Phone: 020 7188 5550
- Vascular interventions
- Urological interventions
- oncological interventions
Last updated: January 2023