Simon Liu was appointed at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital as a consultant in 2011 and is the lead for adult cardiac anaesthesia.
He qualified from the University of Bristol Medical School in 1999.
Simon trained in anaesthesia in the south east of England and Central London Schools of Anaesthesia.
Education and training
- EACTA Transoesophageal Echocardiograpy Accreditation, 2013
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FFICM), 2012
- Cardiothoracic Fellowship Harefield Hospital, 2011
- Clinical Leadership (Darzi) Fellowship at University College London Hospital, 2009
- Fellowship with Sydney Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) - CareFlight, 2008
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA), 2006
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), 2002
- Doctors as Managers PG Cert (Merit) University of Leeds Business School
Secretary: Diane Wallis
Phone: 020 7188 0652
- Adult cardiothoracic anaesthesia
- Adult life support and resuscitation
- Perioperative medicine
Last updated: January 2023