Sinéad Langan is a professor of clinical epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and honorary consultant dermatologist at St John's Institute of Dermatology.
She is associate director for Health Data Research London.
She is current Chair of the European Dermatoepidemiology Network Steering committee.
Education and training
- PhD, University of Nottingham
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, FRCP UK
- MSc, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- MB BCh BAO (Honours), The Queen's University of Belfast
Sinéad leads a large international programme of work using the power of electronic medical record and administrative data to provide answers for important research questions related to a range of skin diseases.
She also co-leads programmes focusing on understanding gene-environment interactions in eczema and is contributing to programmes on stratified medicine in eczema.
She is co-founder and co-Chair of the REporting of studies Conducted using Observational Routinely collected health Data (RECORD) initiative and has a range of active local, national and international collaborative projects using data from Denmark, Norway and the USA.
- NIHR clinician scientist award
- Dowling fellowship, British Association of Dermatologists
- Burrow's cup, Irish Association of Dermatologists
- Jacob medal, dermatology registrar's prize, Dublin
- First place in final MB examinations
- Wellcome senior clinical fellow
Patient pathway assistant – Aisha Nakasi
Phone: 020 7188 0844
Psoriasis and eczema administrator – Manpreet Khokhar
Phone: 020 7188 1901
- Medical dermatology
Last updated: January 2023