Consultant in maternal-fetal medicine
Srividhya Sankaran has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2011.
She performs obstetric ultrasound scans and invasive procedures. She also manages cases of fetal abnormalities and complicated high risk cases in the hospital birth centre.
She leads on fetal kidney services and jointly leads specialist antenatal clinics for people with auto-immune conditions such as lupus and antiphospholipid syndrome.
Education and training
- Certificate of completion of specialist training in obstetrics and gynaecology with subspecialist accreditation in maternal fetal medicine, 2011
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, 2004
- Diplomate of National Board, National Board of Examinations, Delhi, India, 2000
- MD in obstetrics and gynaecology, Pondicherry University, India, 1999
- Medicine (MBBS), The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, India, 1996
- 3D scans of fetal kidney abnormalities
- Intrauterine growth restriction and dopplers
- British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society travel grant, 2014
- Dr Seshadri Pani memorial prize, The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, 2000
- Krishnan Vydier medal, Pondicherry University, 1999
- University medals and prizes for obstetrics and gynaecology, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, 1996
- Faculty of surgery medal, Tirunelveli Medial College Hospital, 1996.
Secretary: Rebecca Jones-Nelson
Secretary phone: 07871 987339
Email: [email protected]
- High risk obstetrics
- Antenatal scans
- Invasive fetal procedures
- Maternal-fetal medicine
Last updated: October 2022