Consultant in pain medicine
Stefano Palmisani graduated from the University of Rome La Sapienza in 2005. He then trained in Anaesthesiology (Sant' Andrea University Hospital) and subsequently completed higher specialist training in pain medicine (Valencia General Hospital) and further advanced training in London (Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital).
Appointed as a consultant in pain medicine at Guy’s and St Thomas' Hospital in 2011, Stefano is a specialist in interventional pain medicine with expertise in neuromodulation, minimally invasive endoscopic spine interventions and clinical research.
- cervical and occipital neuromodulation for chronic primary headache syndromes
- sacral neuromodulation for functional urinary disorders
- high frequency spinal cord stimulation
- minimally invasive endoscopic treatments for spinal stenosis, FBSS, facet joints mediated pain
- discogenic pain
- clinical trials design in pain medicine
- quantitative sensory testing.
Email: [email protected]
Area of expertise: chronic pain and neuromodulation
- chronic spinal pain (interventional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures)
- neuromodulation (conventional SCS, high frequency SCS) for FBSS, neuropathic pain, primary headache syndromes, pelvic pain and urinary disorders
- minimally invasive endoscopic pain relief interventions (epidural endoscopic adhesiolysis, facet joint endoscopic rhyzolysis).
Last updated: June 2021