Consultant haematologist and clinical director
Susan Robinson became a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in 2010 and is also the co-clinical director of haematology. She is the lead clinician for:
- patient blood management
- pre-operative and post-operative correction of anaemia
- transfusion medicine
- immune thrombocytopenia
- obstetric haematology, including anaemia, thrombocytopenia, thrombosis, antiphospholipid syndrome, myeloproliferative neoplasms in pregnancy
Susan runs obstetric haematology clinics.
She Chairs the British Society for Haematology Transfusion Task Force and is a writing group member of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) transfusion guidelines. She is also specialist committee member NICE quality standards for transfusion and serious hazards of transfusion (SHOT) working group expert.
Education and training
- MDRes in risk markers for thrombosis in essential thrombocythaemia
- Specialist training, Guy's and St Thomas'
- Undergraduate training, King's College London
- Fibrinogen concentrate to treat postpartum haemorrhage
- Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism in pregnancy
- UK adult immune thrombocytopenia registry
- UK adult immune thrombocytopenia pregnancy registry
- Pregnancy outcomes in myeloproliferative neoplasms
Last updated: December 2022