Consultant haematologist and clinical director
Susan Robinson became a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in 2010 and is also the co-clinical director with Claire Harrison. She is the lead clinician for patient blood management, pre-operative and post-operative correction of anaemia, transfusion medicine, immune thrombocytopenia and obstetric haematology (anaemia, thrombocytopenia, thrombosis, antiphospholipid syndrome, myeloproliferative neoplasms in pregnancy).
Susan runs clinics in obstetric haematology.
Susan Chairs the British Society for Haematology Transfusion Task Force and is a writing group member of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence transfusion guidelines, specialist committee member NICE quality standards for transfusion and Serious Hazards of Transfusion (SHOT) working group expert.
Education and training
- Undergraduate training at King's College London, School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Higher training at Guy's and St Thomas'
- Fibrinogen concentrate to treat postpartum haemorrhage-OBS2 Study.
Fibrinogen concentrate versus placebo for treatment of post partum haemorrhage: A multicenter, prospective, double blind randomized controlled trial (co-investigator)
- DiPEP: Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism in pregnancy (co-investigator)
- UK adult ITP registry (principal site investigator)
- UK adult ITP pregnancy registry (co-investigator)
- Pregnancy outcomes in myeloproliferative neoplasms (principal investigator two year national survey)
- Risk markers for thrombosis in essential thrombocythaemia (MDRes)
Last updated: June 2021