Consultant in geriatric and general internal medicine
Dr Tania Kalsi trained in geriatric and general internal medicine in London.
She has worked as a consultant physician in the department of ageing and health at Guy's and St Thomas' since 2014.
She is the clinical lead for care home support and works strongly with partners in driving cross sector/organisational change to improve the care and support of older people living in care homes.
She also works clinically in the award winning GOLD service improving older people's health before and during cancer treatment.
Education and training
- 2016 MD (res), King's College London
- 2014 CCT in geriatric medicine and general medicine
- 2007 MRCP, Royal College of Physicians
- 2003 MBBS, King's College London
- Cancer in older people
- Care home medicine
- Health service research
- GOLD service reported as outstanding in Guy's and St Thomas' CQC report (2019)
- Macmillan Innovation and Professional Excellence for providing a lasting difference to the quality of services offered to older people living with cancer (2018)
- Winner: BMJ Cancer Team of the Year award for GOLD (2017)
- Winner: BMJ National Book of the Year (Oncology category) award - for problem solving in older people with cancer (2016)
- Finalist: Care Integration award for POPS-oncology (2012)
Last updated: March 2022