Consultant interventional radiologist
Tarun Sabharwal is a consultant interventional radiologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
He performs vascular and nonvascular interventions.
He is on a number of committees, including:
- The Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE) standards of practice committee
- Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) Foundation standards of practice committee
- The British Society of Interventional Radiology (BSIR) scientific programme
- European Society of Radiology (ECR) scientific programme
- European School of Interventional Radiology (ESIR) advisory board
- NHS London emergency framework advisory board
He is also a member of BSIR.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- Fellowship of the SIR Foundation
- European Board of Interventional Radiology certification
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- Medicine and surgery (MBBCh)
- Prostate artery embolisation
- Fibroid embolisation
- Head and neck embolisation and stenting
- Angioplasty and stenting
- Gastrointestinal dilation and stenting
Tarun has over 80 PubMed publications and is a reviewer for multiple interventional radiologist journals, textbook chapters, book editor and standards of practice documents.
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Oesophageal, duodenal, biliary and colonic stenting
- Vascular angioplasty and stenting
- Embolisation for varicoceles, fibroids, prostate artery and bleeding
- Venous (vein) access, including portacaths and hickman lines
- Venous and biopsies
Last updated: October 2022