Consultant anaesthetist and professor
Thomas Smith has been a consultant anaesthetist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2017, when he was appointed as a clinical academic at King's College London and Guy's and St Thomas'.
He is head of aerospace medicine research at King's College London and was elected to a Macintosh Professorship of the Royal College Anaesthetists in 2023.
He has broad experience in aeromedical critical care as a flying doctor.
He is a former Australian Rhodes Scholar and Churchill Fellow and is an academician of the International Academy of Aviation and Space Medicine.
Education and training
- Diploma in aviation medicine, Royal College of Physicians, London, 2019
- Fellowship of the Aerospace Medical Association, 2013
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, 2011
- DPhil, University of Oxford, 2008
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), University of Adelaide, 2000
Phone: 020 7188 0644
- Anaesthesia for major urological surgery
- Aerospace medicine
- Cardiopulmonary physiology
Last updated: April 2023