Consultant cardiologist and senior lecturer
Tiffany Patterson performs:
- complex transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- transcatheter mitral and tricuspid edge to edge repair and replacement
- high risk percutaneous coronary intervention
- live case international educational transmission to teaching conference
She also teaches at international conferences.
She is the lead for the mitral and tricuspid programme at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and introduced the Pascal edge-to-edge repair device.
She receives referrals for procedures turned down by other hospitals and has excellent success rates.
She works in the structural intervention service to provide heart valve replacement and repair procedures that aren't available elsewhere in the UK.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, London, 2022
- Certificate of completion of specialist training in cardiology, (General Medical Council specialist register), Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board, 2021
- Cardiovascular science PhD, King's College London, 2017
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, London, 2009
- Medicine (Hons) (MBBS), Barts and London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2005
- Molecular medicine BSc, Upper Second Class (Hons), Queen Mary University of London, 2004
Tiffany has published the ACTIVATION trial.
She is clinical lead for the ARREST trial.
She is principal investigator for valve thrombosis research.
She is an MD and PhD supervisor.
- Going the extra mile award, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, 2022
- Care commendation award, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, 2022
- Josephine Lansdell Award for research into heart disease, BMA Foundation for Medical Research, 2020
- Winner of outstanding research paper by an academic clinical lecturer, King's College London, 2020
- Young Investigator Award runner-up, British Cardiovascular Intervention Society, 2018
- PCR's got talent runner-up, Paris Congress of Revascularisation, 2016
- Best in category abstract prize, British Cardiovascular Society Annual Conference, 2016
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society Sponsorship Award: complex cardiovascular catheter therapeutics, USA, 2015 and 2016
- Cardiologist of Tomorrow award, European Society of Cardiology, 2011
- Association Full Honours award, Bart's and The London Students' Association, 2005
- McNee Scholarship Award, The Worshipful Company of Barbers, 2003
- Merit/distinction in pre-clinical medicine, 2000
- Transcatheter mitral and tricuspid edge to edge repair
- Transcatheter mitral and tricuspid valve replacement
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation
Last updated: September 2022