Consultant genetic counsellor in cancer genetics
Vishakha Tripathi is a registered genetic counsellor and chair of the Genetic Counsellor Registration Board (GCRB). She has worked in genetic counselling for 15 years. She leads the genetic counselling team, the hereditary breast and ovarian cancer family service and the cancer risk assessment service (CRAS).
Vishakha is part of the clinical genetics operational team and senior leadership team. She has also worked as London representative to the Genomics Clinical Reference Group for NHS England.
She leads the cancer genetics course for healthcare professionals with colleagues from King's College London.
Education and training
- Advanced psychosocial genetic counselling skills, Open University
- Mentoring course, Open University
- Leadership and management in the NHS, Birkbeck, University of London
- MSc genetic counselling, Cardiff University
- MSc molecular genetics and immunology, Brunel University
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), Manipal University
- Principal investigator for the BRCA PROTECT research study at Guy's and St Thomas'
- Principal investigator for BRCA IMMUNE research study
- Co-principal investigator for the ALDO and PROTECTOR studies
Phone: 020 7188 1364
- Hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
- Cancer genetics
- Genetic and genomic counselling
- Implementation and strategy in the NHS
Last updated: September 2022