Secretary tel: 020 7188 1447
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of expertise: prostate cancer
Consultant in clinical oncology, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals London, and Honorary Senior Lecturer, King’s College London.
Dr Aggarwal is a clinical oncologist specialising in the delivery of systemic and radiation therapies for the management of prostate cancer at all stages.
He is the oncology coordinator for the National Prostate Cancer Audit based at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, which since April 2013 has been collecting information on the processes and outcomes of care for all men newly diagnosed with prostate cancer in England and Wales.
As part of this work, he has developed outcome indicators using administrative datasets to assess the quality of radiotherapy and surgical treatment at the individual patient and hospital level.
Education and training
- PhD (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine), 2017
- MSc (London School of Economics), 2013
- MSc (Institute of Cancer Research, London), 2012
- FRCR (Royal College of Radiologists, London), 2011
- MRCP (Royal College of Physicians, London), 2007
- MBBS (Guy’s, Kings, & St Thomas’ Medical School, London), 2004
- BSc (Imperial College London), 2001
Clinical interests include the care of patients with prostate cancer, observational studies, clinical trials, audit and quality improvement.
His main research interests focus upon the delivery of sustainable and equitable cancer care in developed and emerging economies, health system design, and performance assessment of cancer care.
- NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship, 2014
- Internship World Health Organisation, 2004