Secretary tel: 020 7188 7188, ext 55262 and 54304
Area of expertise: paediatric dentistry
Ms Michelle de Souza qualified from the University of Manchester in 2007. She then gained a breadth of experience working in general dental practice, a number of maxillofacial units and paediatric dentistry departments at both junior and middle-grade level prior to pursuing postgraduate specialisation.
Michelle undertook specialist training at Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospital between 2012 and 2015. During this time she completed a Masters degree in Paediatric Dentistry at King's College London. She was awarded membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow in 2015 and has since been on the Paediatric Dentistry Specialist List with the General Dental Council. Michelle completed her consultant training in paediatric dentistry and was subsequently appointed as consultant at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2018.
Education and training
- BDS (Manchester, 2007)
- MJDF (RCS Eng, 2009)
- MSc Paed Dent (KCL, 2014)
- MPaed Dent (RCS Glas, 2015)
- FDS (Paed Dent) (RCS Glas 2018)
- Minor oral surgery
- Dental treatment under general anaesthesia
- 2015 Bengt Magnusson Memorial Prize – Best Research Paper (International Association of Paediatric Dentistry)
- Oral health related quality of life outcome measures