Medical secretary (psoriasis) - Shanti Martin
Tel: 020 7188 6417
Patient pathway assistant (eczema) – Aisha Nakasi
Tel: 020 7188 0844
Area of expertise: medical dermatology, psoriasis, eczema
Andrew Pink qualified from The University of Nottingham Medical School in 2004. After completing his general medical training he was awarded the first National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Academic Clinical Fellowship in Dermatology at St John’s Institute of Dermatology, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and King’s College London.
During his clinical dermatology training he was awarded an MRC Clinical Research Training Fellowship to undertake and complete a PhD in the field of medical dermatology, studying the molecular genetics of hidradenitis suppurativa. He was subsequently awarded an NIHR Academic Clinical Lectureship at St John’s Institute of Dermatology, during which he completed his clinical dermatology training and furthered his interest in medical dermatology and inflammatory dermatoses including psoriasis, eczema and acneiform disorders.
Andrew was appointed as a consultant dermatologist at St John’s Institute of Dermatology in 2015.
Education and training
- PhD – King’s College London, 2014
- MRCP (Dermatology) – Royal College of Physicians, 2014
- MRCP (UK) – Royal College of Physicians, 2007
- BMBS – University of Nottingham, 2004
- BMedSci (Hons) – University of Nottingham, 2002
- Acneiform disorders
- General dermatology.
Andrew’s PhD research involved investigating the genetics of acneiform conditions, including hidradenitis suppurativa and acne vulgaris, and psoriasis and he retains a strong interest in studying the genetics of inflammatory dermatoses.
Andrew is actively involved in increasing the clinical trial activity at St John’s Institute of Dermatology. He is currently involved in multiple clinical trials in medical dermatology, studying exciting new treatments in conditions such as psoriasis and atopic eczema.
- Medical Research Council Centenary Early Career Award – Medical Research Council, 2012
- Medical Research Council Clinical Research training fellowship – Medical Research Council, 2010
- British Association of Dermatologists Best Registrars Paper Cup – BAD, BAD Annual Conference, Liverpool, 2013
- Best registrar presentation – Royal Society of Medicine Dermatology, academic year 2013–2014 – Royal Society of Medicine, 2014
- The Louis Forman Prize, for best oral presentation – St John’s Dermatological Society, St John’s Institute of Dermatology, 2009
- Annual King’s College London integrated academic trainees poster prize – King’s College London, 2011
- Fellowship to attend the International Investigative Dermatology Conference Trainees Retreat – European Society of Dermatological Research/ Society of Investigative Dermatology/ Japanese Society of Investigative Dermatology, 2013
- Fellowship to attend the European Society of Dermatological Research Academy for Future Leaders in Dermatology – European Society for Dermatological Research, 2011
- Fellowship to attend Euroderm Excellence Course, Nice – European Dermatology Forum, 2014.