Tel: 020 7188 2757
Fax: 020 7188 2728
Secretary: Jen Howell
Area of expertise: lymphoproliferative disorders especially chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
Dr Piers Patten became a consultant haematologist with a specialist interest in lymphoproliferative disorders in 2014.
He is based both at King’s College Hospital and Guy's and St Thomas', working within the lymphoma service. He is a UK trained clinical haematologist and became interested in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) while completing his leukaemia and lymphoma research (LLR) funded PhD at King's College London.
He undertook a LLR funded Visiting Fellowship researching CLL at the Feinstein Institute of Medical Research, New York between 2009 and 2013.
He continues to research this area both in the laboratory and with involvement in an extensive clinical trial portfolio.
Education and training
- BSc (Hons) and Medicine, Bristol University
- Haematology, Guy’s and St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospitals
- PhD, King’s College London.
- Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research Clinical Research Fellowship (PhD at KCL, London)
- Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research Visiting Fellowship (post doctorate work in New York).
- lymphoma microenvironment.