Tel: 020 7188 3423
Senior medical secretary: Susan Wilson
Area of expertise: obstetric haematology
Dr Susan Robinson became a consultant here in 2010. She is the lead clinician for transfusion and the obstetric haematology service.
Susan runs clinics in obstetric haematology, haemoglobinopathy, antiphospholipid pregnancy and general haematology.
She is involved in the medical student, midwife, obstetrician and haematolist teaching programme. She actively participates in audit.
Susan is a member and secretary of the British Committee for Standards in Haematology Transfusion Task Force and writing group member of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence transfusion guidelines.
She attends and has been an invited speaker at the British Society of Obstetric Haematology biannual meeting.
Education and training
- Undergraduate training at King’s College London, School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Higher training at Guy’s and St Thomas’.
- Obstetric haematology
- Transfusion medicine
- Haemostasis and thrombosis
- Fibrinogen concentrate to treat postpartum haemorrhage-OBS2 Study.
Fibrinogen concentrate versus placebo for treatment of post partum haemorrhage: A multicenter, prospective, double blind randomized controlled trial (co-investigator)
- DiPEP: Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism in pregnancy (co-investigator)
- UK adult ITP registry (principal site investigator)
- UK adult ITP pregnancy registry (co-investigator)
- Pregnancy outcomes in myeloproliferative neoplasms (principal investigator two year national survey)
- Risk markers for thrombosis in essential thrombocythaemia (MDRes).