Research and development
Guy's and St Thomas' is one of the leading Trusts in the UK for research. We work with a diverse range of organisations and engagement with industry and other, healthcare and academic partners is essential to our work.
Some of our research is with the Medical Research Council Centres based at King's College London. These include:
We also work with external partners, including:
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Centre
- British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence
- King's Health Partners Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre
- Arthritis Research UK's Centre for Excellence in the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Smart Medical Imaging
Our commercial collaborations include:
- a strategic agreement with BD Biosciences enabling us to collaborate on the development of clinical diagnostics and research platforms for a range of immune diseases
- work with Pfizer to support our twin research unit’s work on pain-related studies
- The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult and Orchard Therapeutics
- Oxford Nanopore
- Siemens, Paige and Owkin on research related to artificial intelligence (AI)
- Illumina, who work with our genomics facility
The Department of Health and Social Care Research Governance Framework applies to any research involving NHS patients, their data or tissue and NHS staff, resources or facilities. It includes independent contractors, student projects and commercial research.
R&D governance and KHP clinical trials office teams
The research and development (R&D) team and King's Health Partners (KHP) clinical trials office can advise on registration and all aspects of conducting research studies.
- If you're a sponsor and would like Guy's and St Thomas' to act as a participating site, please email r&[email protected].
- If you would like to undertake research at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, please email r&[email protected].
- For non-commercial trials, contact the R&D governance manager. Email [email protected] or call 020 7188 7188 ext 54426.
- For information on all aspects of carrying out a clinical trial for investigational medicinal product (CTIMP) visit the King's Health Partners research web page.
- To register a CTIMP trial that needs Guy's and St Thomas' sponsorship, please email r&[email protected] and [email protected].
- For information on all aspects of carrying out an industry led commercial clinical trial visit the King's Health Partners research web page.
- To register an industry led commercial trial, please email [email protected].