You can read all our latest news, developments and achievements in our magazine – the GiST.
As local hospitals and the provider of community services in Lambeth and Southwark, we are keen to tell you more about what we do and how you can get involved in our work. There is much to celebrate and be proud of – from our services and exceptional staff to the amazing research and innovation which is allowing us to deliver new and better treatments.
We welcome any feedback.
You can download a copy of each issue below.
- In this edition of the GiST, you can read about how the Trust is supporting our staff who have a disability or long-term health condition, find out about some of the things we are doing as a Trust to reduce our carbon footprint and read about how our refugees and asylum seekers service works to support some of the capital's most vulnerable people. A text only version of the GiST, issue 36 is also available.
- In this edition of the GiST, you can read about how the Trust has kept services going while treating the sickest patients in critical care during the COVID-19 pandemic, and find out how the psychological and spiritual wellbeing team have been supporting our staff. You can also read about how we combined expertise with Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals to care for a newborn baby who needed life-saving surgery, and find out about a new Evelina London building to care for even more children, young people and their families. A text only version of the GiST, issue 35 is also available.
- In this special edition of the GiST, you can read about how the Trust has continued to care for patients during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and find out how we've supported our staff through the most challenging times. You can also find out how we are using research to learn more about COVID-19, and read about Tony Hudgell, an inspirational five-year-old boy who has raised an incredible £1.5 million for Evelina London Children's Hospital.
- In this edition of the GiST, you can find out how a unique new service is helping patients stay at home for longer and avoid unnecessary hospital appointments. You can also read about a new group that is helping older patients to keep dancing, and find out how Evelina London's neonatal unit provides support and care to the whole family.
- In this edition of the GiST, find out how Evelina London has been caring for children and young people for 150 years, and read about a couple who named their daughter after the hospital that saved her life. You can also learn more about our Health Inclusion Team who are making a difference to the lives of some of London's most vulnerable people, and find out about the role of our hand therapists.
- Issue 31 of the GiST. Find out how the maternity team worked with their colleagues in the Lane Fox Respiratory Unit to help a woman with a rare form of muscular dystrophy safely deliver her two children. You can also read about an inspiring fashion fashion show that took place at Guy's Cancer Centre for our fifth Cancer Survivors' Day, and go behind the scenes with our rapid response team.
Read the latest issue of the GiST
Junior doctor Grace Spence Green and cardiorespiratory dietitian Ras KahaiDownload issue 36 of the GiST (PDF 6.37MB)
This document might not be suitable for people using assistive technology.
We have produced a GiST 36 text only webpage.
Please email email@example.com if you need any other support.
The GiST scooped ‘Best Corporate Publication – External’ at the CorpComms Awards 2019, and won a bronze award for ‘Best branded content publication’ at the Corporate Content Awards 2020.