We are part of King’s Health Partners, one of only six Academic Health Sciences Centres in England designated by the Department of Health and Social Care.
We are committed to placing research and clinical innovation, as well as teaching and education, alongside the delivery of clinical care. In this way we are able to provide the latest treatments and best possible services to our patients, and we also play an important role in training the health professionals of tomorrow. We work closely with our partners to provide better and more joined up care for people with physical and mental healthcare needs.
King's Health Partners is a pioneering collaboration, bringing together:
- three of the UK’s leading NHS foundation trusts – ourselves, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- a world-leading university for health research and education – King's College London
- services across central and outer London locations, including seven mental health and physical healthcare hospitals and many community sites
- nearly 4.8 million patient contacts each year
- 40,000 staff
- nearly 30,000 students
- a combined annual turnover of more than £3.7 billion
- a unique combination of research, teaching and clinical expertise in addressing the relationship between the mind and body.