Benefits and support
Our 'showing we care about you' programme
A short guide to the benefits and support available to all staff working at Guy's and St Thomas' through our 'showing we care about you' programme. It's one of the most comprehensive health and wellbeing programmes in the NHS and is generously supported by Guy's & St Thomas' Charity.
5 ways to a healthier YOU is our health and wellbeing programme.
- Thomas Guy Club – inlcuding a heated indoor pool
- ‘Cycle to work’ scheme and bike storage
- Staff wellbeing walks
- Outdoor gym
- Discounted memberships to local fitness and leisure facilities
- ‘Breathe Dance for wellbeing’ classes
- A range of educational resources
- 1-to-1 dietician support
- 12-week weight management groups
- Gardening programmes across sites
- Family, childcare and carers’ support
- Flexible working
- Staff wellbeing zones
- HALT – take a break campaign
- Free wellbeing apps
- Physiotherapy service
- Support to stop smoking
- Work related Vaccination programme
- Menopause clinic
- Health-information webinars
- Psychoeducational resources
- Free counselling via our employee assistance programme
- Free wellbeing apps
- Mental health and wellbeing training
- Staff wellbeing champions
- Staff wellbeing psychologists
- Spiritual care team
Support for your career development includes:
- education, training and development opportunities
- career guidance
- coaching and mentoring
- continuing professional development (CPD) support
We have a range of recognition schemes that underpin our Trust values and absolute commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion staff forums and networks such as:
- women’s leaderships network
- LGBT+ staff network
- staff disability and long term health conditions forum
- multicultural staff network
- armed forces covenant and staff network
- dyslexia and neurodiverse forum
- becoming an inclusion agent
- our rainbow badge initiative
- our sunflower lanyards for hidden disabilities
- reverse mentoring programme
- Long service awards and annual award ceremonies
As an organisation we’re driven by our values. They define our culture: by what we do and how we do it. Below form part of the Trust’s values and behaviours framework.
- Our ‘ HALT, take a break’ initiative is all about recognising when and why we should take a break whilst at work.
- Mental health and wellbeing training is available for individuals, teams and managers to create a positive work environment.
- Staff wellbeing champions are colleagues working in different areas with a wide range of skills and experiences.
- ‘Show you care’ funding is available to fund health and wellbeing projects in your local area.