Achyuta V Nori
Consultant physician in sexual health and HIV
Dr Achyuta V Nori has worked in sexual health and HIV since 2004.
He trained in genitourinary medicine with the London Deanery (Barts, Newham and Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital).
Achyuta has been a consultant physician since 2016 and was appointed as a consultant at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2017, where he is the lead for sexual health research.
He is the NIHR clinical research network STI research champion for south London.
Education and training
- 2019 – Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (London)
- 2014 – Letters of Competence for intra-uterine techniques and sub-dermal implants (Faculty of Reproductive and Sexual Health)
- 2014 – Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- 2005 – Diploma in HIV medicine
- 2004 – Diploma in genitourinary medicine
- 1999 – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Pondicherry University)
- Antimicrobial resistance, detection and determinants
- Genital microbiomes
- HIV and STI prevention
- Reducing health inequalities among marginalised populations
- STI diagnostics
- STI pathogenesis and epidemiology
- Antimicrobial resistant STIs
- Complex HIV care
- Genital dermatoses
- Genital tract syndromes
- STI epidemiology and public health
Last updated: November 2019