Alastair MacKenzie Ross
Consultant plastic surgeon
Alastair MacKenzie Ross has been a consultant plastic surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation trust since 2013.
He is an expert in skin cancer management and reconstruction.
He is a core member of the melanoma and non-melanoma cancer teams, and an extended member of the skin cancer teams at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust and King's College Hospital NHS Trust.
Alastair helped to introduce electrochemotherapy to treat cancer at Guy's and St Thomas' and leads this service.
Education and training
- Melanoma and Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Melanoma Institute Australia, Sydney, 2012 to 2013
- Cosmetic Reconstructive Surgery Interface Fellowship, London, 2011 to 2012
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, Singapore, 2010 to 2011
- Higher surgical training, London, 2006 to 2012
- University of Cambridge, 1991 to 1996
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP)
- St George's Charitable Foundation Fellowship
- Education and travel bursary, British Society of Surgery for the Hand
- NHS Cosmetic Reconstructive Surgery Interface Training Fellowship
- Poche Fellowship in Melanoma and Surgical Oncology
Last updated: January 2023