Alastair MacKenzie Ross
Consultant plastic surgeon
Alastair MacKenzie Ross joined Guy's and St Thomas' in 2013. He has had a broad plastic surgery training and manages general plastic surgery conditions.
Mr MacKenzie Ross brings expertise in skin cancer management and reconstruction, having trained at leading plastic surgery and skin cancer centres both in the UK and internationally.
He is a core member of the melanoma and non-melanoma cancer teams, and an extended member of the skin cancer teams at Queen Elizabeth Hospital and King's College Hospital.
Mr MacKenzie Ross helped introduce electrochemotherapy, for skin and other cancers, to Guy's and St Thomas' and leads this service.
Education and training
- University of Cambridge (1991-1996)
- Higher Surgical Training - London (2006-2012)
- Hand Surgery Fellowship - Singapore (2010-2011)
- Cosmetic Reconstructive Surgery Interface Fellowship - London (2011-2012)
- Melanoma and Surgical Oncology Fellowship - Melanoma Institute Australia, Sydney (2012-2013)
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP)
- St George's Charitable Foundation Fellowship
- Education and Travel Bursary – British Society of Surgery for the Hand
- NHS Cosmetic Reconstructive Surgery Interface Training Fellowship
- Poche Fellowship in Melanoma and Surgical Oncology
Secretary: Fiona John-Lewis
Secretary tel: 020 7188 7188 ext. 51083 (Tuesday – Thursday)
Email: [email protected]
Area of expertise: skin cancer and reconstruction
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Non-melanoma skin cancer
- Moh’s surgery reconstruction
Last updated: April 2022