Amr Salam is the clinical lead for Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust community and acute dermatology services. He is also part of the tertiary eczema service at Guy's and St Thomas' with a focus on new systemic, biologic and small molecule therapies for eczema. He is currently developing a new dedicated acne service for Guy's and St Thomas'.
He is a lead for postgraduate education at the St John's Institute of Dermatology, developing the world's first distance learning qualification in specialist dermatology for clinicians.
He completed his specialist training at the St John's Institute of Dermatology at Guy's and St Thomas'.
He also completed a 1-year senior clinical fellowship in medical dermatology and medical education.
He completed an externship in the dermatology department at Yale New Haven Hospital, USA.
Education and training
- MA in clinical education, King's College London, 2022
- Postgraduate Diploma in clinical education, King's College London, 2021
- Speciality certificate in dermatology, Royal College of Physicians, 2017
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), 2014
- Postgraduate certificate in medical education, Royal College of Physicians and University College London, 2014
- Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) 1st-Class Honours, University of Birmingham, 2011
- Aerospace dermatology lecturer, textbook chapter author (Ernsting's Aviation and Space Medicine) and NASA research collaborator, 2020 to present
- Lecturer for King's College London undergraduate medicine, MSc in clinical dermatology, and MSc in aerospace medicine, 2016 to present
- Course founder and director for national foundation doctors masterclass and international high intensity speciality certificate examination revision course, 2020 to present
- Committee member for the British Association of Dermatologists undergraduate workstream, 2018 to present
- Education grant award recipient, St John's Dermatological Society Charity, 2022
- Research grant award recipient, Alopecia UK, 2018
- Multiple Royal Society of Medicine and St John's Dermatological Society best oral presentation prizes, 2014 to 2020
- Imperial College Sir Brian Jarman Prize for best academic foundation programme research project, 2013
- Queen Mary's College and Barts and The London Principal's Prize for highest academic mark during intercalated BSc degree, 2010
- Imperial College Teaching 'Hero' Award and North West Thames Foundation School, teaching excellence trainee merit award for outstanding contributions to medical education, 2013
Amr has published and presented research nationally and internationally.
Eczema secretary: 020 7188 0844
Email: [email protected]
- General and acute dermatology
- Skin cancer
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
Last updated: October 2022