Consultant perinatal and paediatric pathologist
Dr Marnerides leads the Forensic Paediatric Pathology Service provided at St Thomas’ Hospital. His special interests include placental and perinatal pathology, and paediatric and adult post mortem examinations for HM Coroners.
He joined the Trust in 2013 from the Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden where he was trained in Histopathology and Perinatal & Paediatric Pathology, and worked for a year as a consultant.
Before that, Andreas was trained and qualified in Forensic Medicine & Toxicology at the Dept. of Pathology of the University of Athens, Greece and the Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology of the University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Education and training
- University of Athens, Greece: MD, PhD
- Department of Pathology, University of Athens, Greece and deptartment of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, University of Thessaloniki, Greece: specialty training in forensic medicine and toxicology
- Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden: histopathology and perinatal and paediatric pathology training
- Society of Apothecaries of London: Diploma of Medical Jurisprudence – DMJ(path).
1. Al-Adnani M, Marnerides A, George S, Nasir A, Martin W. "Delayed Villous Maturation" in Placental Reporting: Concordance amongst Consultant Paediatric Pathologists at a Single Specialist Centre. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2015 Jul 2.
2. Sahlin E, Sirotkina M, Marnerides A, Iwarsson E, Papadogiannakis N. Fetal calcifications are associated with chromosomal abnormalities. PLoS One. 2015 Apr 29;10(4):e0123343.
3. Marnerides A, Sirotkina M, Papadogiannakis N. Unusual concurrence of heterotopic glial nodule of the scalp and congenital herpes simplex virus type-2 infection. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2013 Sep;53(3):134-6.
4. Marnerides A, Zagelidou E, Leontari R. An unusual case of multiple-gunshot suicide of an alcohol-intoxicated cancer sufferer with prolonged physical activity. J Forensic Sci. 2013 Mar;58(2):537-9.
5. Sirotkina M, Iwarsson E, Marnerides A, Papadogiannakis N. Fetal mediastinal tumor of neuroepithelial origin in a case of missed abortion. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2012 Nov-Dec;15(6):511-3.
6. Marnerides A, Ghazi S, Sundberg A, Papadogiannakis N. Development of fetal intestinal length during 2nd-trimester in normal and pathologic pregnancies. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2012 Jan-Feb;15(1):24-9.
7. Marnerides A, Vassilakopoulos TP, Boltetsou E, Levidou G, Angelopoulou MK, Thymara I, Kyrtsonis MC, Pappi V, Tsopra O, Panayiotidis P, Pangalis GA, Beris P, Patsouris E, Korkolopoulou P. Immunohistochemical expression and prognostic significance of CCND3, MCM2 and MCM7 in Hodgkin lymhoma. Anticancer Res. 2011 Oct;31(10):3585-94.
Secretary: Charlotte Simpson
Secretary tel: 020 7188 9192
Office tel: 020 7188 2918
Area of expertise: perinatal and paediatric pathology, paediatric forensic pathology, autopsy (adult and paediatric)
Languages: English, Greek, Swedish
- Forensic paediatric pathology
- Placental and perinatal pathology
- Autopsy (paediatric and adult) University of Athens, Greece: MD, PhD.
Last updated: April 2022