Consultant cardiologist and honorary senior clinical lecturer
Andrew D'Silva is a consultant cardiologist and honorary senior clinical lecturer at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
He has extensive teaching experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. He was a frequent lecturer and module lead for the St George's, University of London Sports Cardiology MSc and supervised a number of MSc students. He is an instructor and medical director on Advanced Life Support Courses and developed the first two Kent, Surrey and Sussex cardiology simulation training courses.
Education and training
- Graduated from the Royal Free and University College London Medical School, with distinction in 2007.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Molecular Medicine for which he received 1st class honours and commendation on the Dean's List.
- Core medical training in hospitals across London and Essex, becoming a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2010
- Training in cardiac MRI (level III)
- Training in cardiac CT (level II)
- Training in transthoracic echocardiography
- Cardiology specialty training across London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex including experience at Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton; St George’s Hospital, Tooting; Harefield Hospital, Uxbridge and Barts Heart Centre.
- PhD at the Centre for Inherited Cardiac Conditions and Sports Cardiology at St George's, University of London in 2020, initially supported by Cardiac Risk in the Young and subsequently achieved a British Heart Foundation Clinical Research Training Fellowship award.
- Studied cardiovascular remodelling responses in novice marathon runners using multi-modality cardiovascular imaging and cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
Secretary: Annert Dzimbiri
Phone: 020 7188 7188 ext 58408
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac rehabilitation (lead)
- Cardiac imaging
- Inherited cardiac conditions
- Heart muscle diseases
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Advanced heart failure therapies
- Medical education
Last updated: February 2023