Andrew Pink is a consultant dermatologist and the director of the adult clinical trials unit at St John's Institute of Dermatology, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
He is an honorary senior clinical lecturer at King's College London.
He is ex-honorary secretary of the St John's Dermatological Society.
He is a member of the International Psoriasis Council and Chair of the annual UK dermatology course for consultants.
He regularly acts as a National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) clinical expert.
His clinical and academic interests are on:
- inflammatory skin disease
- translational medicine, primarily in eczema and psoriasis
Andrew has helped to develop a national multi-disciplinary eczema service at St John's Institute of Dermatology.
Education and training
- PhD in molecular genetics of hidradenitis suppurativa, King's College London, 2014
- Dermatology Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, 2014
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, 2007
- Medicine and surgery (BMBS), University of Nottingham, 2004
- Medical sciences (BMedSci) with Honours, University of Nottingham, 2002
Andrew has developed and manages the large adult clinical trials unit at St John's Institute of Dermatology. The unit runs phase 2 to 4 clinical trials, offering the very latest treatments to patients with inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
Andrew has acted as chief investigator on multiple trials examining new therapies for psoriasis and eczema.
He is the chief investigator for the BEACON trial, the first global platform trial in atopic eczema.
- Dermatology team of the year award, British Medical Journal, 2016
- Academic clinical lectureship at St John's Institute of Dermatology and King's College London, National Institute of Health Research (NIHR)
- Centenary early career award, Medical Research Council, 2012
- Clinical research training fellowship, Medical Research Council, 2010
Academic clinical fellowship in dermatology, National Institute of Health Research (NIHR)
Last updated: February 2023