Consultant medical oncologist and medical director for cancer and surgery
Anne Rigg has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2005.
She is a clinical leader and has held a number of roles at Guy's and St Thomas', including clinical director for cancer. She is also the medical director for the cancer and surgery. She is involved in the development of the clinical leaders of the future.
She is the NHS England Chair of the Chemotherapy Clinical Reference Group. She represents medical oncology at the Royal College of Physicians Patient Safety Committee and sits on the steering committees of the:
- UK Chemotherapy Board
- Association of Physicians and Intercollegiate Committee of Haematology
She is also co-Chair of the Guy's Cancer Real World Evidence Committee. This consortium published extensively during the COVID-19 pandemic and contributed to the national understanding of the impact of COVID-19 for cancer patients.
Education and training
- Medical oncology specialist training, The Royal Marsden, London
- PhD, Imperial College London, 2000
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), University of London, 1991
- Intercalated BSc in psychology, 1989
- Phase 3 clinical trial in breast cancer
- Real world evidence in cancer
- Health inequalities for cancer patients
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians UK
Last updated: December 2022