Clinical reader and honorary consultant clinical oncologist
Anthony Kong completed became a clinical scientist at the University of Oxford and an honorary consultant at the Oxford Cancer Centre in 2008.
He became a clinical senior lecturer and an honorary consultant in Birmingham in 2015, responsible for running many early and late phase immunotherapy trials in head and neck cancers.
Since July 2019, he has been a clinical reader at King's College London and an honorary consultant clinical oncologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
- PhD, University College London
- Clinical oncology training at Barts and The Royal Marsden Hospitals
- Personalised medicine
- Immunotherapy and radiotherapy combination
- Translational research and clinical trials
- Research fellowship in science, Wolfson College, University of Oxford, 2009-2015
- Breakthrough clinician scientist fellowship, 2008-2014
- AACR-Aflac scholar-in-training award, 2008
- EACR 40th anniversary research award, 2008
- Sylvia Lawler prize, Royal Society of Medicine, 2007
- Mike Price fellowship, European Association of Cancer Research, 2007
- Cancer Research UK clinician research training fellowship, 2004-2007
Secretary: Tessa Ross
Phone: 020 7188 4219
Email: [email protected]
- Head and neck cancers
- Breast cancers
- Recurrent cancers
Last updated: January 2023