Dr Antonis Pavlidis joined Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust as a consultant interventional cardiologist in February 2015.
He has trained in interventional cardiology at St Thomas’ and the London Chest Hospitals. He has conducted formal research in the area of preventive cardiology and completed his PhD thesis on primary dyslipidaemias.
Antonis specialises in the treatment of complex coronary disease and he is the lead for the chronic total occlusion angioplasty programme at St Thomas' Hospital.
Education and training
- Senior clinical fellow in interventional cardiology/fellow in percutaneous management of chronic total occlusions, London Chest Hospital
- Clinical fellow in interventional cardiology, St Thomas’ Hospital
- PhD, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Medical school, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Chronic total occlusions
- Preventive cardiology
- Primary dyslipidaemias
- Metabolic syndrome
Secretary: Wendy Thompson
Secretary tel: 020 7188 1049
Email: [email protected]
Area of expertise: general cardiology and interventional cardiology
- General cardiology
- Interventional cardiology
- Percutaneous treatment of coronary chronic total occlusions
- Rotational atherectomy
- Transradial intervention
- Functional assessment of coronary artery disease (pressure wire studies)
- Intravascular imaging (IVUS, OCT)
Last updated: November 2019