Consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon
Ashish Patel has been a consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and a clinical senior lecturer with the school of cardiovascular medicine and sciences at King's College London since 2018.
Ashish is an editor on Vascular and Endovascular Review Journal and a reviewer for many other journals. He is on the writing committee for the European Society of Vascular Surgery Radiation Protection Guidelines.
Education and training
- General Surgery Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2017
- PhD in vascular sciences, King's College London, 2012
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2008
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), University College London Medical School, 2004
- BSc in pharmacology, First-Class Honours, University College London, 2001
- Bench-to-bedside development and translation of new cardiovascular advanced therapies,
- New cellular and biological therapeutics
- The treatment of peripheral arterial disease
Ashish is a principal investigator within the British Heart Foundation Centres of Regenerative Medicine and a Phase I accredited principal investigator at Guy's and St Thomas'. His research is funded by:
- the Royal College of Surgeons
- Rosetrees Trust
- London Advanced Therapies Network
- the Frances and Augustus Newman Foundation
He is principal investigator for:
- Retention Of Angiogenic Monocytes in Critical Limb Ischaemia (ROAM-CLI)
- the MONACO cell therapy study: Monocytes as an anti-fibrotic treatment after COVID-19
- Global star and rising star award, the Charing Cross International Symposium, 2018
- British journal of surgery prize, Vascular Society for Great Britain and Ireland, 2015
- Academy of Medical Sciences Grant
- George Davies Visionary Award, The Circulation Foundation
Ashish has written over 40 published papers and has contributed to number of vascular and endovascular teaching text books.
Ashish Patel's publications on the King's College London research portal.
Email: [email protected]
- Open and endovascular treatment of peripheral arterial disease
- Open and endovascular treatment of diabetic foot disease
- Aortic aneurysms
- Varicose veins
- Carotid artery surgery
Last updated: January 2023