Consultant cardiac surgeon
Caner Salih has been a consultant cardiac (heart) surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2010.
He has been head of the children's heart service at Evelina London Children's Hospital and the head of adult congenital heart disease surgery at Guy's and St Thomas' since 2017.
Education and training
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS CTh), 2006
- Training in children's cardiac surgery at Birmingham Children's Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital and The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- Training in adult cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital, The London Chest Hospital, St Bartholomew's, Guy's Hospital and The Royal Brompton Hospital
- MD, University of London, 2001
- Medicine and surgery (MB ChB), University of Glasgow, 1993
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Surgery of congenital heart disease
- Norwood procedure
- Surgery for complex transposition of the great arteries (TGA)
- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction (LVOTO)
- Valve repair
Last updated: June 2023