Consultant general genetic counsellor and clinical genetics PGT-M/SR lead
Charlotte Tomlinson joined Guy's Hospital clinical genetics service in September 2016. In September 2018 she moved into the consultant genetic counsellor in general genetics role.
Before joining Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, Charlotte undertook a trainee genetic counsellor position at Bristol clinical genetics service from 2007 to 2009. She then worked as a genetic counsellor at St George's Hospital clinical genetics service from 2009 to 2016.
In 2010 she was certified by the Genetic Counsellor Registration Board (GCRB) and re-registered in 2015. She has been a GCRB assessor of portfolios for a number of years and was elected to the GCRB board in 2019.
Charlotte is a member of the British Society for Genetic Medicine fetal medicine unit genomics steering committee.
Education and training
- BSc in clinical genetics at Nottingham University
- MSc in genetic counselling at Manchester University
- Psychosocial impact of genomic medicine
Email: [email protected]
- Prenatal genetics and pre-implantation genetic testing
- Genetic conditions impacting fertility
- Neurodegenerative conditions
- Psychosocial skills in genetic counselling
Last updated: March 2022