Professor of orthodontics, King's College London and consultant in orthodontics
Dirk was clinical service lead in orthodontics at Guy's and St Thomas' until August 2022. He is honorary professor at the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences, King’s College London (KCL), the largest dental school in Europe.
Dirk holds an Masters (MA) in higher education and he is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He was the President of the European Orthodontic Society and ran the congress in Edinburgh, 2018. He is elected honorary secretary to the society (2019).
Dirk was a member of Dental Council of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2013 to 2018) and he examines at national and international level.
Education and training
- Fellow of Faculty of Dental Trainers, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd), 2017
- Masters (MA) (KCL), 2011
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS) (RCSEd), 2003
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Dental Surgery in orthodontics (FDSOrth), 2002
- Specialist Registration, 1999
- Membership in Orthodontics (MOrth) (RCSEd), 1999
- Master of Science (MSc) (University of London), 1999
- Dr. med. dent. (University of DÅ±sseldorf, Germany), 1995
- Staatsexamen Zahnmedizin (Dental qualification - University of DÅ±sseldorf, Germany), 1994
- Dr. med. (M.D. – University of DÅ±sseldorf, Germany), 1992
- Staatsexamen Humanmedizin (Medical qualification – University of DÅ±sseldorf, Germany), 1990
Last updated: September 2022