Edmund Fitzgerald O'Connor
Consultant plastic surgeon
Edmund Fitzgerald O'Connor is a consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
He is active in research and teaching, and is a senior clinical lecturer at Queen Mary's University of London, where he helps to run postgraduate masters programmes in aesthetic medicine and reconstructive microsurgery.
His current NHS work is focused on complex major trauma reconstruction at King's Major Trauma Centre. This involves operating on most parts of the body ensuring both functional and aesthetic soft tissue reconstruction for his patients.
Across both NHS hospitals he has broad range of practice covering trauma reconstruction, hand injuries, skin cancer and general plastic surgery.
Education and training
- Microsurgical fellowships at the Royal London hospital and Royal Perth Hospital, in Perth, Western Australia
- Higher surgical training on the Pan Thames plastic surgery training programme
- Qualified in medicine from St George's University of London
- Understanding patient reported outcomes in complex trauma outcomes
- Novel use of periosteal vascularised tissue in the treatment of fracture non-union
- Complex microsurgical reconstruction
Last updated: February 2023