Ellie Rashid is a consultant dermatologist at the St John's Institute of Dermatology, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. Her clinical interests are medical dermatology, clinical trials and children's dermatology.
She is clinical lead for the complex tertiary hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) service and runs the HS clinical trials service.
Ellie is an honorary senior clinical lecturer (King's College London), and is interested in translational clinical research. She spent 3 years as a research fellow studying mesenchymal stromal cell therapy in adults with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB) and was awarded a PhD in stem cells and regenerative medicine.
Education and training
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in stem cells and regenerative medicine, 2020
- Completion of specialist training in dermatology, 2018
- MRCP (dermatology), 2017
- Post-graduate certificate in healthcare education, 2014
- MRCP (UK), 2010
- MBBS, Bart's and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2006
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)
- Children's HS
- Cutaneous Crohn disease
Tel: 020 7188 6279
- Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS)
- Clinical trials
- Children's dermatology (including acne, eczema, psoriasis, other inflammatory skin conditions, birthmarks, infections and hair and nail disorders)
- General adult dermatology (including acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, lupus, sarcoidosis and other connective tissue diseases, hair and nail disorders)
Last updated: August 2021