Consultant in respiratory and ventilation medicine
Dr Georgios Kaltsakas was appointed as a consultant in the Lane Fox respiratory service in 2017. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at King’s College London.
Georgios is the clinical joint-lead for the respiratory motor neurone disease service.
Georgios did his PhD on respiratory mechanics and respiratory muscle function in end stage liver disease.
He has been awarded an European Respiratory Society (ERS) research fellowship and a Hellenic Thoracic Society (HTS) fellowship. This allowed him to continue his research work on the area of respiratory physiology, non-invasive ventilation and neuromuscular disease, working with the London respiratory muscle group.
- an associate editor for both Thorax and Breathe
- a reviewer for EBAP (European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology)
- a reviewer for grant applications for ERS (ERS College of Experts)
Education and training
- Certificate of completion of specialist training (CCST) in respiratory medicine, Greece, 2015
- PhD, Athens, Greece, 2014
- Medical degree, Patras, Greece, 2006
- Respiratory physiology
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Sleep and ventilation
- Motor neurone disease - amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Best abstract in pulmonary rehabilitation and chronic care, ERS, 2017
- Hellenic Thoracic Society Fellowship, 2017
- ERS Research Fellowship, 2016
- European Respiratory Society: HERMES European Diploma in adult respiratory medicine, 2015
- Best abstract in physiology, Hellenic Thoracic Society, 2013
Georgios has published primary research data on:
- respiratory physiology
- exercise physiology
- pulmonary rehabilitation
Last updated: July 2022