Gurdip Kaur Azad
Oncologist clinical consultant
Gurdip Azad completed her training in clinical oncology in the north of London, rotating between Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, North Middlesex Hospital, Royal Free Hospital and University College London Hospital. She was appointed as a consultant in clinical oncology at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital in 2019. She completed her MD (Res) at King's College London and was appointed as an honorary senior clinical lecturer in 2020.
Molecular and functional imaging in breast and prostate cancers
Alavi-Mandell award for her publication in the Journal of Nuclear Medicine: "Does measurement of 18F-fluoride metabolic flux improve response assessment of breast cancer bone metastases compared with standardised uptake values in 18F-fluoride PET/CT?"
1) Azad G, Siddique M, Taylor B, Green A, O'Doherty J, Gariani J, Blake G, Mansi J, Goh V, Cook G. Reply to: Relevance of measurement uncertainty for quantitative response assessment of breast cancer bone metastases with 18F-fluoride. J Nucl Med. 2019 Mar 8. [Epub ahead of print]
2) Azad GK, Taylor BP, Green A, Sandri I, Swampillai A, Harries M, Kristeleit H, Mansi J, Goh V, Cook GJR. Prediction of therapy response in bone-predominant metastatic breast cancer: comparison of [18F] fluorodeoxyglucose and [18F]-fluoride PET/CT with whole-body MRI with diffusion-weighted imaging. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2018 Dec 1. [Epub ahead of print]
3) Azad G, Siddique M, Cousin F, Taylor B, Green A, O’Doherty J, Gariani J, Blake GM, Mansi J, Goh V, Cook J.R G. Does measurement of 18F-fluoride plasma clearance improve response assessment of breast cancer bone metastases compared with standardised uptake values in 18F-fluoride PET/CT? Journal of Nuclear Medicine. September 2018 (Epub ahead of print)
4)Azad G, Cousin F, Siddique M, Taylor B, Goh V, Cook GJ. Does measurement of first-order and heterogeneity parameters improve response assessment of bone metastases in breast cancer compared to SUVmax in 18F-fluoride and 18F-FDG PET? European Jourmal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. July 2018 (Epub ahead of print)
5) Azad GK, Taylor B, Green A, Sandri I, Swampillai A, Harries M, Kristeleit H, Mansi J, Goh V, Cook GJR. Comparison of whole-body MRI, 18F-FDG and 18F-fluoride PET/CT in therapy response assessment of bone metastases from breast cancer (In press)
6) Azad GK, Taylor B, Rubello D, Colletti PM, Goh V, Cook GJ. Molecular and Functional Imaging of Bone Metastases in Breast and Prostate Cancers: An Overview. Clinical Nuclear Medicine. 2016; 41(1)
7) Azad GK, Cook GJ. Multi-technique imaging of bone metastases: spotlight on PET-CT. Clinical Radiology. 2016; 71(7): 620-631
8) Cook GJ, Azad GK, Goh V. Imaging Bone Metastases in Breast Cancer: Staging and Response Assessment. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2016; 57:27S-33S.
9) Mahajan A, Azad GK, Cook GJ. PET Imaging of Skeletal Metastases and Its Role in Personalizing Further Management. PET Clinics. 2016; 11(3):305-318
10) Cook GJ, Azad G, Padhani AR. Bone imaging in prostate cancer: the evolving roles of nuclear medicine and radiology. Clinical Translational Imaging. 2016; 4(6):439-447
11) Bashir U, Azad G, Siddique MM, Dhillon S, Patel N, Bassett P, Landau D,4, Goh V, Cook GJ. The effects of segmentation algorithms on the measurement of 18F-FDG PET texture parameters in non-small cell lung cancer. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. 2017; 7(1):60
12) Cook, GJ, Azad GK, Taylor B, Lee E, Morrison M, Hughes S, Morris S, Rudman S, Chowdhury S, Goh V. Imaging αvβ3 integrin expression in skeletal metastases with 99mTc-maraciclatide Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography: detection and therapy response assessment. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. 2017
13) Cook, GJR, Azad, GK, Owczarczyk, KM, Siddique, MM & Goh, VJ-L 2017, 'Challenges and Promises of PET Radiomics' International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2017
14) Book chapter: Wiley book entitled Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, edited by Ross D. Farhadieh, Neil Bulstrode, Sabrina Cugno Radiotherapy and soft tissues
Last updated: May 2021