Consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon
James White is a consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. He performs all types of shoulder and elbow surgery including arthroscopy, arthroplasty and trauma.
He completed shoulder and elbow fellowships at the Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Centre in Exeter and Guy's and St Thomas'.
Education and training
- Advanced certificate in clinical education, Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow, 2018
- Advanced trauma life support instructor, Royal College of Surgeons, England, 2016
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), England, 2016
- Trauma and orthopaedics training on the north west London programme
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), University College London, 2007
- Human genetics BSc (Hons), University College London, 2004
James has published in peer-reviewed journals on shoulder and elbow surgery and pathology, and has co-authored several book chapters. He presents at national and international conferences.
He is the co-author of Trauma National Guidelines: Blue Book on the Management of Distal Radius Fractures, published by the British Orthopaedic Association.
- The Lipmann Kessel prize for his research in trauma
- Doctors Advancing Patients Safety (DAPS) global award prize
- Nomination for the 'best of the best' prize at the British Orthopaedic Association
Email: [email protected]
- Arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery
- Rotator cuff tears
- Tendon injuries
- Frozen shoulder
- Soft tissue reconstruction
- Shoulder replacement surgery (hemiarthoplasty, total shoulder, stemmed, short-stemmed, stemless and reverse)
- Elbow total and hemi-replacement
- Modern 3D planning techniques for accurate implant placement
- Complex reconstruction of bony and soft tissue trauma in shoulder and elbow
Last updated: January 2023